World Meeting of Families, Philadelphia/USA, September 22nd -27th 2015 http://www.worldmeeting2015.org/
- Pope Francis' homily at Conclusion of World Meeting of Families September 27th 2015, including his off-the-cuff remarks.
- Pope's address to bishops from around the world attending the WMF, Sept. 27th 2015.
- View the Pope's wonderful off-the-cuff address to families Saturday September 26th 2015 in Philadelphia here. And here you can find the transcription of his speech.
If you would like to read how the Family Conference in Denmark, May 1-3 went, please click here.
Pope Francis on Marriage and Family
Amoris Laetitia - Pope Francis' postsynodal Apostolic exhortation is ready.
In this document Pope Francis develops the final reports from the two Synods on the family and outlines his guidelines for the Church's future pastoral care for marriage and family. Cardinal Christoph Schönborn O.P. of Vienna presented Amoris Laetitia at the Vatican's press conference April 8, 2016. And here are Bishop Robert Barron's first reactions.
From December 10th 2014 to September 16th 2015 Pope Francis has dedicated 27 General Audiences to marriage and family. You will find them all here (click on the red text):
- On the Extraordinary Family Synod 2014, 10 December 2014.
- Jesus born into a family - Nazareth, 17 December 2014.
- The Mother, 7 January 2015.
- The Father - First part, 28 January 2015.
- The Father - Second part, 4 February 2015.
- The Children, 11 February 2015.
- Siblings, 18 February, 2015.
- On the Elderly in the Family, 4 March 2015.
- On Grandparents, 11 March 2015.
- Children's Great Gift for Humanity, 18 March 2015.
- Annunciation - Prayer for the Family Synod, 25 March 2015 with special prayer for the Family Synod.
- Children are never a "mistake", 8 April 2015.
- Male and female - On differences and complementarity, 15 April 2015.
- On the Fall and its consequences for man and woman and their relationship, 22 April 2015.
- On Marriage - Inviting Jesus into Your Wedding, 29 April 2015.
- On the Beauty of Christian Marriage, 6 May 2015.
- The Three Expressions, 13 May 2015.
- On Education, 20 May 2015.
- Engagement - a Journey, 27 May 2015.
- On Family and Poverty, 3 June 2015.
- On illness in the family, 10 June 2015.
- On Death, 17 June 2015.
- On Wounds, I, 24 June 2015.
- On Wounds II - Wounded Families, 5 August 2015.
- Celebration, 12 August 2015.
- Work, 19 August 2015.
- Prayer, 26 August 2015.
- Evangelization, 2 September 2015.
- Community, 9 September 2015.
- Nations, 16 September 2015.
- The family spirit, 7 October 2015.
- Catechesis at the World Meeting of Families, 30 September 2015.
- Promises to Children, 14 October 2015.
- Fidelity to the Promises of Love, 21 October 2015.
- Forgive Us Our Debts, 4 November 2015.
- Conviviality, 11 November 2015.
- The Welcoming Door, 18 November 2015.
The Synods on the Family
III Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops (2014):
- Preparatory Document with Questionnaire
- Instrumentum Laboris (Working Document), The Pastoral Challenges of the Family in the Context of Evangelization
- Pope Francis' Greeting to the Synod Fathers
- The Final Synod Report
- Pope Francis' Address to the Synod Fathers at the Conclusion of the Synod
XIV Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops (October 2015):
- Preparatory Document with Questionnaire
- Lineamenta with Synod Report and Questions
- Instrumentum Laboris, "The Vocation and Mission of the Family in the Church and in the Contemporary World", 23 June 2015 (You can also read it in French, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian by searching this page.)
- Testimonies of the auditors I (couples and experts), 5 and 6 October 2015.
- Testimonies of the auditors II (couples and experts), 10 October 2015.
- Testimonies of the auditors III (couples and experts), 15 and 16 October 2015.
- Testimonies of the auditors IV (couples and experts), 15 and 16 October 2015.
- Testimonies of fraternal delegates (Representatives from other Christian Churches)
- Circoli Minori I Summaries of the working groups on the first part of the Working Document (Instrumentum Laboris).
- Pope's homily commemorating the 50 years of the institution of the Synod of Bishops. A strong homily about how lay people, bishops and the Pope must "journey together" as Church, listen to and serve each other. 17 October 2015.
- Circoli Minori II - Summaries of the working groups on the second part of the Working Document.
- Circoli Minori III - Summaries of the working groups on the third part of the Working Document.
- Statistics related to the Synod
- Relatio Finalis (English version) - 24 October 2015. The Synod's Final Report, where the Synod fathers ask Pope Francis to use their suggestions to elaborate a document on the family.
- Pope Francis' address at the conclusion of the Synod, 24 October 2015. Another powerful address to us all.
Marriage Enhancing Events
Normally twice a year the Pastoral Department organizes evenings in Oslo with themes of interest for married couples. We gladly visit the parishes to speak about marriage and family issues - do not hesitate to ask us.
We apologize to inform you that our February event VALENTINE's FOR CATHOLICS has been cancelled due to lacking inscriptions.
Prayer in and for the Family
Loyola Press has a good website with resources for families: http://www.loyolapress.com/catholic-family.htm
Grandparents and Elderly People
- John Paul II – Letter to the Elderly – 1999
Pastoral Care for separated, divorced and remarried
Suffering and Hope
- Johannes Paul II – Salvifici Doloris
Links and Literature
Other documents from the Magisterium of the Church